BMST is the only NGO, standalone centre in India which has a blood bank, tissue bank, HLA Lab & Stem Cell Registry and therefore provides the wide spectrum of services in the field of blood, organ and cellular therapies.
- Blood Donor base of 5 lakh with 40% repeat donors
- Effective services provided, 24/7 to more than 90,000 patients per year
- Blood Storage Centres (BSCs) in 30 hospitals
- More than 30% of blood collected is issued to government hospitals free of cost
- HLA lab – one of the top 5 labs in India offering the latest tests for pre and post- transplant monitoring.
- Close to 2500 allografts supplied pan-India in the last six years through a network of 70 hospitals
- Free transfusion services to around 100 Thalassemia patients every month.
- Thalassemia registry of 427 families, 1144 blood samples from the patients’ relatives tested by Hemoglobin Variant, of which approximately 34% detected as Thalassemia carriers and counseled; 37 pregnant Thalassemia carriers facilitated for Chorio-Villus-Sample (CVS) testing of the fetus for Thalassemia status
- Recognised as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- First and only NGO blood bank in Karnataka to be accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals (NABH)
- Designated as a specialized laboratory of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and a Centre of Excellence in blood banking, immunohematology and tissue typing for collaborative research and training.
- Kempegowda Award – 2007 in recognition of work in the area of voluntary blood donation.
- Recognition by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) for 100% voluntary blood donation.
- Awarded every year by KSAPS, for the highest collection of voluntary donor blood.
- It was adjudged the best training centre in blood banking and immunohematology in 2014 by the NBTC- CMC, Vellore- CDC, Atlanta, and the Christian Medical association of India, project on Blood Safety in India