We collect more than 40000 units of blood through more than 450 voluntary blood donation camps every year. Our Voluntary Donor base is more than 5 lakhs.
In operation since 1984, over 600 IT industries, colleges and other organizations have been supporting us with blood donation camps. We are their preferred partners because of our emphasis on Quality (hyperlink), Professionalism of our blood collection team (hyperlink), Blood Support to Donor Organisations (hyperlink) and Donor Confidentiality (hyperlink)
- Emphasis on 100% voluntary blood donation, and stringent donor selection
- 100% blood separated into components
- Screening all units by NAT
- Ensuring vein-to- vein traceability
- All blood units and other samples Bar coded for identification
- Automated tests whose results are fed directly to the blood bank Software (Hemotrace)
- Every component barcode is scanned and the results of TTI, blood group, pre-transfusion testing etc obtained and all labels are printed from software to eliminate errors due to manual entries
- All relevant records also printed directly from software to eliminate manual entries
- Functioning as the Immunohematology reference laboratory for South India.
- Actively promoting the concept of storage centres and bulk transfer of blood to improve accessibility to safe blood components (as on February 2017, we supply blood to 22 storage centres in Bangalore and 1 in Mysore)
Note :Our policy of taking back unused blood components from storage centres is perceived as a plus point with these hospitals. These components are issued to other hospitals / patients thus ensuring there is no wastage.
- Quality has always been emphasized but NABH accreditation has made us more conscious of continual improvement
- Recognition as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of
Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India
- Designated as a specialized laboratory of RGUHS (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences) and a Centre of Excellence in Blood Banking, Immunohematology & Tissue typing for collaborative research and training
If you want to donate blood
- Any person between 18 â€“ 65 years of age, over 45 kg and in good health condition can donate blood. As patient and donor safety is very important to us, we ask the donors to fill a detailed questionnaire ( Download English / Download kannada )
- Also look at : Dos and Dontâ€™s, Pre and Post donation details, Testing ( Download Now )
- Your blood will be separated into red cells, platelets and plasma and can save three lives.